- On March 19, 2019
- 0 Comments
Recruitment is an important job. After all, any organization is strong because of the people that work on it. Therefore, it is essential to have a great recruiting team that can attract the best talent.
For that reason, it is also a stressful job. There is a lot of pressure on the recruiters to bring these great people and, of course, it is always a race against the clock.
However, the interesting thing is to observe and learn from people who have fought against that pressure to the point where they stand out as the best recruiters in the industry and analyze what they have in common. What we see most often is that they share the following characteristics:
- They do not fear technology. There are more new software programs for recruitment than apparently, in any other industry. The big recruiters are not afraid of those tools and find the ones that make them more efficient.
- They like to meet new people. A big part of a recruiter’s job is to be a professional “networker”. For the best, this is one of their favorite parts of the job, as they love meeting new people.
- They learn fast. Recruiters should learn about new jobs on a daily basis and then hold conversations with candidates about those jobs. The best ones learn quickly and make the most of these conversations.
- They are persistent. A great recruiter does not give up with a “no”. When they find great talent, they will do everything possible to attract them.
- They know how to have fun. Recruiting is a stressful job. The best balance it by having fun in their work.
- They care about their candidates. The greatest recruiters are great because they are passionate about people getting the jobs they deserve. There are few things in life that are more transformative than linking someone with a great opportunity, and the best recruiters know and appreciate it.
If you want to start being a great recruiter and take advantage of technology, click here.