In the past, talent recruitment was a slow and reactive process. The typical recruitment scheme became practically a poaching of candidates who were not necessarily in search of new opportunities.
Today, talent attraction have radically changed the strategy through applying different actions, such as:
- Employer Branding: Before generating a pipeline it is important to review the employer brand, the brand image of the company, with which we will be able to attract (or scare away) candidates related to our culture as a company.
- Searching talent with the skills most frequently hired by the company, often allows economies of scale take advantage of talent captured for different opportunities; This not only benefits the company but also offers several options to the candidate.
- Set realistic and data-based objectives, if measuring is not your number one priority, your objectives may be related to metrics such as the number of candidates involved, the proportion of presentations to interviews or the rate of acceptance of your offer. As you have more experience with the funnel and collect more data around you, you can adjust the objectives to more closely reflect your capacity and changing business needs. But having some goals set from day one keeps everyone responsible and working towards a common goal.
- Relying on social networks, face-to-face events and referral models; Working on the combination of these different channels allows to generate a greater uptake. By participating in events, you can personally meet talent and its “fit” with the company. The referral model is very powerful as our employees are happy and therefore invite colleagues to participate in open opportunities.
- The pipeline should not only consider Sourcing candidates or external people who apply for vacancies, but also internal staff with the potential.
- The “engagement” of talent must be maintained for future opportunities or vacancies; An effort has already been made to contact and evaluate talent during an active process, but in case the candidate in question is not suitable for that vacancy, it does not mean that it is not for future vacancies.
- Finally, we must measure the progress of the different initiatives to generate Pipeline, so that adjustments are made and those actions and channels that have the greatest impact on the macro plan are identified.
By doing Sourcing and having a solid Pipeline of candidates, the talent attraction team can do better interviews, evaluations, hiring candidates in a much faster and more efficient way independent of the role, preparing you, your company and your candidates to the success.